Zemanta: semweb at work for your blog
To me, this is currently the most practical example where semantic web technology really does make a difference. Just like with Twine, the real benefit of this technology lies in the background, where associations are made and retrieved, “just in time”. All without bothering end-users with ontologies, RDF and SPARQL endpoints. Using Zemanta, all these bloggers are benefiting from the ever increasing web of linked data to enrich their blogs. And the benefit may well be mutual: by carefully selecting the auto-suggested related articles and imagery, you as a blogger tell implicitly what categories your post matches to, thus linking back to the very same pool of linked data.
Give it a try yourself, get the Zemanta plugin (many platforms are supported) and share your experiences!
Related articles by Zemanta (just a small selection)
- Laying the Foundation of a Semantic Web Application (devx.com)
- Zemanta: Collaborative Thought Through Borrowed Relevance (shareumentarian.wordpress.com)
- Make Sense of This! (gauweiler.net)
- Zemanta: Real-Time Semantic Discovery & Blogging Tool (andrewapeterson.com)
- Zemanta (oblogn.com)
- Zamanta – Automatically build backlinks (kiaso.wordpress.com)
- Which is the best way to increase your blog’s traffic? (barnabasnagy.net)
- Zemanta (grapes2dot0.blogspot.com)