Fun with Twitter Spammers
A common way these spammers try to get your attention, hoping you will follow them, is just start following your twitter account “at random”. Now one day I found the following two low lifers, with apparently opposite intentions, in sequence in my followers queue:
Now I’m pondering which one to pick, the pathetic diet promoter or the fat cheesy one?
Seriously, advice to those who create such spammy accounts: don’t waste the effort, you make me laugh at very best if I don’t outright block you.
Conversely, if you’re a human being and like to follow my sometimes random tweets, you’re still more than welcome to follow me (@jlapoutre) on Twitter!
Related articles by Zemanta
- Twitter Honeypots (windley.com)
- Maybe it should be social from the start? (scripting.com)
- Twitter Marketing: Free Downloads for Your Tweets (mashable.com)
- Evolving Twitter strategies. (socialmediatoday.com)
- Twitter spam (brendan-mcnulty.com)
- Twitter Spam Invades Trending Topics (mashable.com)
- Twitter Decision Flowchart (sciencetext.com)