Since the early days of Sematic Web I have been expecting that this technology would become very important for Search Engine Optimization.
Until recently, however, the most important component for this to happen has been missing: the major search engines completely ignored RDF and other semantically enriched markup.
Just today I stumbled upon a nice article by the E-business and Web Science Research Group of the Universität der Bundeswehr München titled GoodRelations and Yahoo SearchMonkey with five very practical examples how to enhance your web pages for better relevance in the Yahoo search index.
They make use of RDFa and the GoodRelations Web Ontology.
This is all very exciting and I expect way more to come!
Related articles by Zemanta
- Organic Seo For Small Businesses Part Ii (slideshare.net)
- Google supports RDFa – SEOs work changes forever (ithoughts.de)
- Google and Future of the Semantic Web (mehmetalierturk.com)
- Yahoo adds tools to bolster search results (macworld.com)
- Rich Snippets: Tipping point for the semantic web (mikeaxelrod.com)
- Make Your Blog Easy To Find Thru Web Directories (raketscience.com)