Working on Layar: Augmented Reality Browser
Only a few days ago I mentioned Layar as the ideal platform for rapid development of Augmented Reality applications. I applied for a developer key and was granted one of the limited 50 available keys for the initial launch phase (thanks SPRXmobile!).
With this grant comes an understandable NDA, so I can only speak about the program in very general terms. Just let me tell that the platform looks really flexible and developer friendly. I’m excited to be part of this initial community and will update my experiences as soon as I’m allowed to share them!
In the mean time, if you have an idea for a (commercial) Augmented Reality application feel free to contact me, we might be able to work something out on the short term.
Related articles by Zemanta
- An Augmented Reality Browser (themoderatevoice.com)
- Layar Points the Way (mobhappy.com)
- Even better than the real thing (guardian.co.uk)
- Mobile Phones with Augmented Reality Applications Could Change News Experience (poynter.org)
- Smartphones Get “Reality Overlay” App (hardware.slashdot.org)
- Layar.eu – The First Augmented Reality Browser (killerstartups.com)
- Amazing mobile app lets you see the world ‘through online eyes’ (thenextweb.com)
- Layar’s Augmented Reality Browser: Literally More Than Meets The Eye (techcrunch.com)
- Layar Wants More Layers, Opens Augmented Reality Platform To Developers (techcrunch.com)
- I wish I were a software developer! (greenmonk.net)