As of today there is a Tweet Poll running with the question: Which PHP opensource framework do you mostly use?
An interesting question because the market of PHP frameworks appears pretty fragmented after 750+ votes are cast. Leading is Zend Framework (does this qualify as Open Source?), followed by Symfony, Cake PHP, CodeIgniter, all around 10%. There are also a few stray ones: I don’t consider PEAR a framework and the choice “my own” can be disputed as well.
For now there is no clear winner, something I already had that gut feeling about. Wonder where this is going to stabilize (and of course, how representative the twitter votes are anyway). See for yourself, the embedded graph below should stay up to date and you may cast your vote if you ike.
Related articles by Zemanta
- PHP Frameworks Comparison – Part 1 (completeopensource.blogspot.com)
- PHP frameworks square off (infoworld.com)
- Discussing PHP Frameworks: What, When, Why and Which? (noupe.com)
- Exploring PHP Frameworks: CodeIgniter (woorkup.com)
- Top Best PHP Frameworks to build quickly complex web applications (woorkup.com)